These days, everyone seems to have a home page or a Web site. However, just because you create and publish a Web site doesn't mean anyone will visit it. Competition to attract visitors is extreme. The reality is that of the millions of Web pages out there, only a handful actually attract a steady readership; and these same Web pages are the ones that attract advertisers. In order to compete, you need to develop and implement a Web site promotion plan. How can you know if people are visiting your Web site, and if they aren't, what can you do about it? What can you do to earn money on your Web site? Is there an easy way to attract readers and advertisers without spending a fortune? Yes is the answer to all of these questions, and Increase Your Web Traffic in a Weekend, Sixth Editionmaps out a cost effective, comprehensive plan that both Web beginners and experts can use to build an audience for a home page or Web site. This book has compiled low-cost Web promotion and advertising techniques collected from the authors' years of practical experience, but you can implement them all in just one weekend!
What You'll Learn
Increase Your Web Traffic in a Weekend, Sixth Edition teaches you how to attract new visitors to your Web site and explains how to keep visitors coming back. The authors do so by helping you develop your own Web site promotion plan, leveraging a bevy of free and low-cost Web promotion and advertising techniques collected from years of practical experience. By reading this book, you will:
- Learn how to increase Web traffic using different crawler-based search engines like Google and Bing and different directories like the Yahoo directory and the Open directory.
- Learn how to leverage social media Web site like Facebook, Twitter, and MySpace to drive additional traffic to your Web site.
- Learn how search engines work and then find out how to leverage this information to increase search engine results for your Web site by improving keyword selection, descriptions, page titles, meta-information, etc.
- Learn how to drive traffic to your Web site using e-zines and how to find the e-zines that work best for you.
- Find out how to get your Web site listed as the cool site of the day and how to win awards that will help get your Web site noticed.
- Find out how to use direct e-mail, newsgroups, and mailing lists as a means of marketing your Web site.
- Discover how to use services provided by Web sites like eBay and Amazon.com to attract new visitors to your Web site.
- Discover how easy it is to advertise your Web site using free banner exchanges.
- Learn how to attract the masses by sponsoring your own giveaways, contests, sweepstakes, and more.
- Discover who is visiting your Web site and find out what you can do to keep them coming back by learning how to analyze your Web traffic.
- Title: Increase Your Web Traffic in a Weekend, 6th Edition
- Author: Jr. Jerry Lee Ford, William R. Stanek
- Length: 368 pages
- Edition: 6
- Language: English
- Publisher:Course Technology PTR
- Publication Date: 2010-12-07
- ISBN-10: 1435456661
- ISBN-13: 9781435456662
FilePost: Click to download
FileSonic: Click to download