HTML5 is more than a markup language—it's a dozen independent web standards all rolled into one. Until now, all it's been missing is a manual. With this thorough, jargon-free guide, you'll learn how to build web apps that include video tools, dynamic drawings, geolocation, offline web apps, drag-and-drop, and many other features. HTML5 is the future of the Web, and with this book you'll reach it quickly.
The important stuff you need to know:
- Structure web pages in a new way. Learn how HTML5 helps make web design tools and search engines work smarter.
- Add audio and video without plugins. Build playback pages that work in every browser.
- Draw with Canvas. Create shapes, pictures, text, and animation—and make them interactive.
- Go a long way with style. Use CSS3 and HTML5 to jazz up your pages and adapt them for mobile devices.
- Build web apps with rich desktop features. Let users work with your app offline, and process user-selected files in the browser.
- Create location-aware apps. Write geolocation applications directly in the browser.
- Title: HTML5: The Missing Manual
- Author: Matthew MacDonald
- Length: 450 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher:O'Reilly Media
- Publication Date: 2011-08-26
- ISBN-10: 1449302394
- ISBN-13: 9781449302399
FilePost: Click to download