Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise (UCCE)
The complete guide to managing UCCE environments: tips, tricks, best practices, and lessons learned
Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise (UCCE) integrates multiple components and can serve a wide spectrum of business requirements. In this book, Gary Ford, an experienced Cisco UCCE consultant brings together all the guidance you need to optimally configure and manage UCCE in any environment.
The author shares in-depth insights covering both the enterprise and hosted versions of UCCE. He presents an administrator’s view of how to perform key UCCE tasks and why they work as they do. He thoroughly addresses application configuration, agents, scripting, IVR, dial plans, UCM, error handling, reporting, metrics, and many other key topics.
You’ll find proven, standardized configuration examples that help eliminate errors and reduce downtime, step-by-step walkthroughs of several actual configurations, and thorough coverage of monitoring and troubleshooting UCCE systems.
Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise (UCCE) is an indispensable resource to help you deploy and operate UCCE systems reliably and efficiently.
Gary Ford has spent more than 13 years designing, deploying, and maintaining Cisco telephony and contact center solutions together with several of the world’s largest systems integration companies, Cisco ATPs, and customers. He was first introduced to contact centers in 1997 while working for British Telecom (BT) as a test engineer tasked with integrating the GeoTel ICR platform into BT’s core telephony network. After Cisco acquired GeoTel, Ford’s role evolved to include broader Cisco contact center and unified communications consulting. He holds a bachelor’s of engineering degree in computer systems engineering, the status of Chartered Engineer, and several Cisco, Microsoft, and business-related professional qualifications.
- Understand the Cisco Unified Contact Center product portfolio and platform architecture
- Choose the right single-site, multi-site, or clustered deployment model for your environment
- Take a lifecycle services approach to UCCE deployment and application configuration-—including preparation, planning, design, and implementation
- Implement traditional, current-generation, and next-generation call routing
- Master the latest best practices for call flow scripting
- Understand UCCE’s nodes and distributed processes and build a clean system startup sequence
- Design, implement, and deliver unified CM/IP IVR solutions
- Set up and efficiently manage UCCE databases
- Make the most of UCCE’s reporting tools
- Create advanced applications with Data-Driven Routing
- Effectively maintain any UCCE deployment, including older versions
- Use a best-practice methodology for troubleshooting, and master valuable, little-known Cisco diagnostic tools
This IP communications book is part of the Cisco Press® Networking Technology Series. IP communications titles from Cisco Press help networking professionals understand voice and IP telephony technologies, plan and design converged networks, and implement network
solutions for increased productivity.
- Title: Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise
- Author: Gary Ford
- Length: 312 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher:Cisco Press
- Publication Date: 2011-07-16
- ISBN-10: 1587141175
- ISBN-13: 9781587141171
FilePost: Click to download
FilePost: Click to download