Completely revised edition, now covering Snow Leopard!
Springing from the original Vermont Recipes Web site, where many of today’s Cocoa developers got their start, Cocoa Recipes for Mac OS X, Second Edition is a programming cookbook that shows you how to create a complete Mac OS X application. In this updated edition, author Bill Cheeseman employs a practical, step-by-step method for building a program from start to finish using the Cocoa frameworks. He begins by creating the project using Xcode and designing and building the user interface with Interface Builder, and then he fills in the details expected of any working application, such as managing documents and windows, setting up the main menu, and configuring controls. Later recipes show you how to add important features such as a preferences window, printing, a Help book, and AppleScript support. The book concludes with a discussion of deployment of your finished product and steps you can take to explore additional features. Equipped with the expertise and real-world techniques in this book, programmers with some knowledge of C and Objective-C can quickly master the craft of writing Cocoa programs for Mac OS X.
- Written for C and Objective-C programmers who want to tap the extraordinary power and flexibility designed into the Cocoa frameworks, as well as for experienced Cocoa developers looking to extend their skills.
- By following the book’s recipes for creating a complete Cocoa application, readers can retrace the same steps to write any document-based Cocoa program.
- Includes the latest techniques for writing Cocoa applications for Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard.
- Project source files are available on the Web at www.peachpit.com/cocoarecipes.
- Title: Cocoa Recipes for Mac OS X, 2nd Edition
- Author: Bill Cheeseman
- Length: 648 pages
- Edition: 2
- Language: English
- Publisher:Peachpit Press
- Publication Date: 2010-04-02
- ISBN-10: 0321670418
- ISBN-13: 9780321670410
EU(multi): Click to download
NitroFlare: Click to download